Monday, May 21, 2012

R2. Say It How It Is

1.       What I love about writing is that you can write about anything you want; you’re in control of it. I personally writing about my opinion or feeling on something that I have a special interest in. Like, I don’t really like the writing assignments we get in school because you’re restricted from what you want to right about, the teachers make and tell you what you’re writing about. I like the freedom of being able to say what I want. Writing has helped me a lot of the times dealing with multiple problems I’ve had. For example, if I have something that I want to say/to someone, I’ll write in a letter format and say everything I want to them. I write it as if I was going to give it to them but usually, I never end up giving it to whoever it may be. It may sound stupid to do but it’s an amazing way to vent and get things off your chest that you need to. It’s not good to bottle things up inside but I’m not one to run to others and tell them all about my problems so I turn to writing. It’s weird, the feeling that you get after you write/vent. I feel so relieved, even though the person or the situation I’m in hasn’t changed, I feel better because I got it all out. I have so many notes of things I’ve wrote in a shoe box and from time to time, I’ll look back to see how things use to be; good and bad. I’ll re-read the things I’ve written and realize how much better I’m doing without the situation that I was in and it makes me feel really good about myself for the amount of things that I’ve gone through and that I have accomplished. Writing has really helped and impacted my life for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment