Friday, May 11, 2012

Q3. Tuesdays with Morrie

 The best book that I have read throughout an English class would have to be Tuesdays with Morrie. I read this book this year; we just finished reading the book and watching the movie. I don’t normally connect with books, let alone enjoy reading them.  Mrs. Schaefer told the class before we started reading that we were going to love it and I honestly didn’t believe her at all, I was so wrong.  The book is so easy to relate to, it teaches you so much. I’ve personally never been in the position that Mitch or Morrie was in but we’ve all went through something hard. Many times I have had to say goodbye to people, maybe not because of death but a goodbye is a goodbye; especially when you know they’re not coming back into your life. I’ve never been much of a positive person; I’m the one that thinks of the worst possible thing that could happen. Seeing and reading about Morrie and his attitude on life and everything else literally amazed me.  It’s amazing because I know that Morrie isn’t the only person like that out there. Morrie was literally on his death bed and he still managed to smile like he never has before. Tuesdays with Morrie represents the quote “live today like it’s your last” and “make your own happiness”.  This book has changed my outlook on myself and on life. My goal from now on is to make the best of each situation, no matter how bad it is. Things aren’t always easy but eventually, after you pretend you’re okay, you start to be okay and there’s no need to pretend anymore. The more a person wants to be happy, the harder they should try to reach that point.  After reading Tuesdays with Morrie, I’ve learned a lot about myself and a lot of things I would like to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment