Thursday, May 17, 2012

Q1. THE Smart Car

      For this blog, I’m going to tell a story about something that happened about three months ago. My parents were looking to buy a new truck, they wanted a Lexus or a new Tahoe; we went to many dealerships.  On a Saturday, we were car shopping all day and we went to Fusillo and we were all tired of walking around all day. We were walking down a line of big SUV’s and pickup trucks and all of a sudden, we passed a smart car. Now, there wasn’t a line of them, it was a tiny little smart car, in the middle of huge trucks. So we just stopped, stared at it, then looked at each other and started dying laughing. A salesman came to talk to us about the vehicle because he thought we were interested in it. For some reason, my Dad went along to being “interested” in the car. The guy went on and on about the car and how much power it has. I was laughing so hard that I eventually had to walk away to not make the entire situation obvious. He then asked if we wanted to drive it, my Dad thought it would be a good idea to say yes. My Mom wanted nothing to do with this because she was so embarrassed. So, my Dad and I get in this… “car.” We couldn’t even sit in it, although I’ll admit; there’s a lot of leg room inside of it. Anyways, the car was an automatic and Fusillo is located right off of the thruway so we just chose to drive it to next exit and then bring it back. Well we’re driving and we just felt stupid and we got off of the exit and made a right and we look after we turn and we drove for about 1.4 of a mile and we see a huge hill and we start looking at each other and laughing. So as we approach the hill he pretty much floored it and it sounded and felt like we were going up this hill so fast but in reality, we were going 25 miles per hour up this hill. The funny part is, once he floored it, we got sucked back in our seat as if we were about to go 200 miles per hour but no no, 25. I guess you might have had to been there but it was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment