Monday, May 21, 2012

R1. The End is Upon Us All

      The best part about the end of the school year is the happiness everyone comes to school with, majority of the time. It’s the time of the year where the weather is at its best, the sun is shining through the school windows making it hard to sit in class. It’s hard to walk around school and see people in a bad mood because of the weather. For me, this is such an exciting time because each day, I’m getting closer to graduation and being finished with high school. The part that I don’t like about the end of the year is the laziness that comes with it, especially having it be senior year. People have always told me that I’m going to miss it so that I need to make the most out of it but I can’t. Towards the end of the year, teachers find pointless activities and projects for us to do just to have some work to do. I think that’s the hardest part of it. The moment I got my acceptance letter for college is the moment my senioritis kicked in. It’s the realization that we’re done and all the work paid off so why try anymore? That’s not the right mindset to have but it’s hard not to have it. The best part about the end of the school year in previous years was getting a break from everyone for two months because by the time we come back, we’re ready to be back and see everyone that we haven’t. My favorite part about coming back from school was seeing how different everyone looks. This year it’s different though, there’s no coming back and there’s no seeing everyone that I see every day like now. That’s what is hard from me to realize. I’m excited to be almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment