Monday, December 19, 2011

Fa La La La La

As the Holidays are approaching us it seems as if people are in a whole new mood; some people are more cheerful, stressed or just cranky. What really gets on my nerves is the whole New Year holiday. Every New Year everyone says the same thing, how they’re going to change for the better, how they’re going to give something up, blah blah blah.  In my opinion, five out of twenty people will actually change. This Christmas and New Year is a chance to look back on our past year(s) and realize what we’ve accomplished. This past year has been the toughest year in my life. My family and I have gone through some struggles and it seemed like they were never ending, it was just tragedy after tragedy. One thing that I learned going through all of this is that, it should take a “new year” in order for a person to change. If you really need to change you will, but you are who you are for a specific reason. Honestly, if you don’t like something about yourself then fix it, you shouldn’t have a specific time to do it and you don’t have to broadcast it to the rest of the world, just do it. Also, Christmas is all about the presents to almost every kid/teenager in the world. I’ll admit, my Christmas list has been made and given to my Mom and it may or may not be almost two pages; but it’s not the point. We all do it because we all want stuff that we might not deserve. The point is, Christmas and Thanksgiving isn’t about what we get out of it, and it’s a time for realization of what we have and how thankful we are for everything. Our society today is so different from how it’s ever been before, people are beyond selfish. All I’m trying to say is that, people need to be more thankful and open their eyes to the real world sometimes. That’s all.

No comments:

Post a Comment