Friday, December 9, 2011

Read It And Weap!

As Mr. Currin tends to share his “hilarious” stories with us from time to time he often leaves out the funniest ones, the ones we wouldn’t forget.  I’m Mr. Currin’s TA (teacher assistant) every other day, block two and I’ve come to find out a lot of Mr. Currin.  One, he doesn’t clean his room; I can’t even tell you what the color of his desk is because I’ve never seen it.  I’ve come to know that Mr. Currin enjoys listening to The Beatles and Coldplay. If you didn’t know, Mr. Currin is the coach for the girls modified basketball team in the middle school, they just won another game! Anyways, I was in his room today with Domenic Brotz, Mason Lambert, and Mrs. Gramza, I was working on my blogs when Mr. Currin decided to share yet another “amazing” story. He said that he always would send letters to different sport teams. He would write to the teams and put the letters in an envelope, his Mom worked at the post office so she would send it out for him. He would later receive a letter back (so he says) and it would say “Dear Fan” but Mr. Currin tried to convince us that sometimes they said “Dear Robert”... (doubtful) so at first when I was hearing all this I was thinking that it was pretty cool, a lot of kids still do it today. But here comes the weird part, he would save all these letters he would receive and pile them up and go through them pretending that all the sports teams were asking him to play for their team. To Mr. Currin these were no long fan letters; they were acceptations/invitations for him to play on their team.  Ladies and gentlemen this is in fact a true story about our very own, Rob Currin… You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment