Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Holiday Joy!

Holidays have always been a time for families to come together to celebrate and reminisce. When I was little the only Holidays I cared about was Christmas and Easter; the two main Holidays where you the most presents. Growing up, you realize that it’s so much more. Over the years, most people unfortunately lose people that are close to them, every year a Holiday could be spent without a loved one. Over the years I’ve learned that Holidays are so much more than the gifts, it’s about being together with your family. Christmas is my favorite Holiday for many reasons.  Every Christmas my extended family all comes together; from North Carolina, Arizona, and Nevada. The entire family comes to my house on December 23rd with all their gifts for each other, and we put all the present under the tree; which usually takes over my living room.  There’s about twenty people living in my house for 3-5 days every year; people are sleeping on the floor, air mattresses’, one year on the dinner table. Needless to say, Christmas day is udder chaos.  I have thirteen cousins ranging from two years old to twenty- six; the gifts go from Barbie’s to gas cards. As years go by, we all get older and we grow more apart; when the Holidays come around it’s so nice reuniting with one another. We started doing this tradition about three years ago, before it was just My mom, dad, sister, and I every Christmas morning which was fun; but when the family comes together it’s always fun watching the younger kids filling the room with excitement.  For me, goodbyes are always the hardest. I’m really close with my family, even if they do live on the other side of the country, every time we’re together; we leave right where we left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment