Thursday, October 6, 2011

Alden School Lunches!

C1. School lunches... so much to say. Out of all the years of school that I’ve experienced I generally bought all of my lunches from the school. My favorite lunches received from Alden High School were usually the spaghetti without the sauce and meatballs, chicken nuggets with tater tots or the buttered noodles. After twelve years of school though, it was time for a change. So far this year I’ve been packing my lunch... well my Mom has been packing my lunch.  In my pink princess lunch bag I usually drink a blue Gatorade or a half and half Arizona tea. Next comes a bowl of cucumbers with a side Italian dressing found in my Mom’s Tupperware. Following after comes a chicken sandwich with lettuce, crispy chicken, and Italian dressing found under the Italian bread. This year my goal for eating was to try and eat a lot healthier but as most of us know… that normally doesn’t ever go as we plan. What I do love about school lunches is around the Holidays; that’s when the soft pretzels come with our lunch or the juicy cups! Also, usually towards the end of the school year the school has really good apples. Most of the time they’re generally bruised or super tiny, but towards June they are perfect apples. Also, when they offer peaches it’s always a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment