Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mr. Casillo!

Over twelve years of schooling I’ve met a lot of teachers; some that I liked and others that I didn’t. Sophomore year of high school I was in Mr. Casillo’s health class. I never liked health during middle school but Mr. Casillo put me in a different perspective. Most classes are mainly lectures. It generally feels like it is anyway, that’s teaching though: someone stands in front of you for eighty minutes and you have to take notes and listen. I know that not all teachers teach this way but a good handful of them do. I actually looked forward going to health class. This year I decided to take FYE which Mr. Casillo also teaches and it’s a great way to start off any day! From my point of view, it seems like Mr. Casillo understands his students, he tries to make class fun for us and him. Every day in class in a new, we’re never doing the same thing day after day, which keeps us all interested. No matter what we’re talking about in class, Mr. Casillo always has a story to go along with it and it’s never a disappointment. Over the years of high school, Mr. Casillo and I have become close with one another. He’s a teacher that I’ll easily go to whenever I need help or advice. Mr. Casillo is someone who is willing to do anything for anyone. I’m extremely glad that I chose to take FYE – a class that prepares us for college because Mr. Casillo has been through everything that we’re about to experience. In class he often breaks things down for us so that the students can fully understand the topic and what needs to be accomplished.  Mr. Casillo has impacted me in a positive way by opening my eyes to the experiences that are out there and it’s always comfortable in his classroom. I really appreciate everything that Mr. Casillo has done for me and the rest of students at Alden High School.  

No comments:

Post a Comment