Monday, October 17, 2011

Classes Throught The Years!

Out of twelve years of being in school, we’ve all experienced many classes. We’ve experienced classes we like, some we hated, and some we loved. This year I’ve found my favorite class of all time though which is ironically taught by my favorite teacher, Mr. Casillo.  FYE is a class for seniors that prepares us to be ready for college. So far in the class, we’ve learned to do a resume, letter or recommendation, how to fill out a college application, and how to make the right decisions for our future. Mr. Casillo always manages to make every class enjoyable which is hard to do because I have first block. Mr. Casillo breaks the class up; we’re not sitting in class for eighty minutes listening to lecture. We’re active and learning in a comfortable way for everyone. I didn’t quite know what to expect from taking this class but I’m so glad that I decided to. It’s only been about two months since school has started and I find myself never bored in the class and I’ve learned a lot. During class I’ve already filled out two college applications and got tips from Mr. Casillo on which college’s I could benefit from. A lot of teachers come into work for a paycheck and that’s all; Mr. Casillo truly likes his job and likes helping every student that walks into his door as much as he can. It’s so much nicer being in a room where there is always good vibes in and out. I think the reason why FYE is my favorite class is because how much I have benefitted from it already. I never knew how to write a professional resume for a college or even a job. In my opinion, I think the class should be mandatory. It’s an easy grade if you do your work, you receive a great relationship between the teacher, and it really does prepare you for the obstacles to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment