Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What Are Books?

I haven’t ever been much of a book reader, literally ever. Last year in Miss. MC’s English eleven, we were given four book reports throughout the class. It was often hard for me to find a book that we liked; we didn’t have long to pick a book and it was hard to find a book within fifteen minutes that you wouldn’t lose interest for fast. In the third semester I was having really bad luck trying to find a book that I liked and hated every book I picked up, the sub librarian recommended a Stephen King novel titled, The Long walk.  The beginning of the novel did not spark my interest what so ever, I began the book at page 102 out of 389 and was confused at first but then got really interested in the novel. As the story went on I obviously became more confused, I learned that the novel stated all the facts that are required to understand the book thoroughly.  I then restarted my novel and was bored to tears, but only for about.. roughly fourteen pages and I was then hooked onto the story.  The story left me in suspense towards the end; it definitely ended with a cliff hanger and I haven’t got the chance to read the story that is based off of the one I had the chance to read but I’m looking forward to reading it. I’ve never even had the slightest interest in reading, unless it’s a magazine or something like that; but after finding a book that I actually look forward to reading each night, opened my eyes to give it a chance.  Although I haven’t read a book since and I don’t think I’ll ever run to do it, in my opinion/perspective still has changed on reading and when the time comes, I’ll read another book.. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment