Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Is Anyone Ever Ready For College?

For my fourth blog, I’m choosing to write about my future involving college. Going into high school everyone told me that it’d go by so fast. I never believed it because it was hard to think that four years of school was going to “fly by”, but it really has. Freshman, sophomore, even junior year I never thought about college to the point where I thought that I should go look and see what’s out there that would spark my interest. Reality is starting to set it and I’m realizing that it’s senior year. In just a couple of months people that I’ve been going to school with my whole life will leave the state, some will go all the way to the other side of the country, some will stay here; the point is that it’s never going to be how it is now.  This is our last year to have it “easy” because the next step is the real world, the time that we turn into adults and have to take care of ourselves practically. The scariest part though is not knowing what you want to do. As I sit here, I wonder where I’m going to be in ten years because I literally don’t have a clue. I don’t know what I’ll be doing a year from now. Some people that I sit next to every day have their life all planned out, not saying it’s going to happen but there’s a good chance it will. They say it’s okay to go to college and not know exactly what you want to do for a career. They say it’s okay to change around your major. I know that eventually I’ll get where I want and need to be, but it’s scary that as of this moment, I don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment