Tuesday, March 20, 2012

M1. St. Patty's Day Take Over

I never have been a big fan of St. Patrick’s Day, I was never against it or anything, I just have never done anything big to celebrate it like others. This year I took on the opportunity of going to two parades for St. Patrick’s Day. On Saturday I went to Lancaster for the parade that was in the village, it was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. There were a lot of different parts to the parade, there were a lot of children from the community that participated in it and I really ended up enjoying it. Saturday night I went to a St. Patrick’s Day party and it ended up being really fun. Saturday night, I couldn’t believe the amount of cops that were roaming around the villages. Then, Sunday I made it downtown for the big parade that everyone seemed to be talking about. I could not believe the amount of people that were downtown for this parade. In past years, many people have told me how fun it is and that they always go but I never have had a desire to go and see it. As I was walking around I saw a lot of interesting people… a lot. The parade was really long; it wasn’t just a quick parade. I really enjoyed watching all the different parts to it and the creative activities that went along with the parade. I’m not the least bit Irish, I don’t even own a green shirt, I was probably one of the five people without a green shirt on. I wore a white shirt and people were honestly looking at me like I had twelve heads. I really enjoyed going and celebrating St. Patrick’s day once, I will now look forward to it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment