Thursday, March 22, 2012

N3. What's A Job?

As of right now, I am not employed, sad to say. Most seventeen year olds are supposed to have a job but I am one of the ones that do not. In my opinion, in today’s economy it’s extremely hard for a seventeen year old to find a job.  This year I did get hired at Darien Lake for the gift shop department which I’m kind of looking forward to. It’s going to be better to not have to constantly ask my parents for money, I’ll have my own money that I earned on my own. I’m more picky that I should be about jobs, I use to work at Carbones Pizzeria and the summer was awful there. It would be ridiculously hot in that building and it just made people dread going in there. Although, in summer I think everyone would be dreading going to work. When I said I was picky, I wasn’t kidding; I would never work with food again, at least not fast food. You come home smelling absolutely disgusting, your hair is all greasy, you’d probably gain twenty-five pounds from being surrounding with fattening food, and fast food restaurants are constantly busy. It’s really scary to me that the kids in my class have a general idea of what they want to do for their future career and I don’t. As I walk through the hall I always stop to see where everyone is going to school and what they’re going for, my names not even up there yet. I’m so behind, I just applied to Genesee Community College because I honestly, have no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life. To me, that’s really scary to think about. I plan on going to school for general studies for two years and then hoping I’ll figure out what I want to do along the way. I like to do a lot of things but it’s hard imagining doing the same thing, every day, for about thirty-fifty years; you really have to find a strong passion for it. I hope I find a career that I’m really going to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment