Tuesday, February 28, 2012

L4. I Just Wanted A Dog

As we all know, graduation is not too far away; about three months. It’s common for people to have graduation parties and for parents to buy their kids something kind of “big” for graduation. I told my parents that I didn’t want to have a big graduation party because I don’t think we need to waste the money on it. She asked me if I wanted something instead, I told her I wanted a dog. My family has never had a small dog and has never wanted one, I have always. I have never been close with my pets because they’ve always been huge and annoying to me, as bad as that may sound. I want a little fluffy dog, I told her exactly that. She told me that if she bought me one that she would kick it around our house (she would never do such a thing). My parents told me that they wouldn’t buy me a little dog but in the back of my mind, I thought they were really going too; there was nothing that I wanted instead. They surprised me last week of planning a cruise to go on after graduation, that was my present. Most people would be really happy to get away and go somewhere warm, I however, am not.  Why you ask? I am completely terrified by the ocean and planes, both which I would have to experience by this little vacation that they have planned. We have to fly to Florida to get onto the ship and then we’re on the ship for seven days, my two biggest fears. In some way I’m a little excited because it’s a Disney cruise and I’ll get to see amazing things and go to amazing places, like Bermuda! But most of me is terrified because I know if I see the water as we’re surrounding by ocean, I’m probably going to pass out. I don’t want to sound like a spoiled brat because I do appreciate that my parents are doing this for me, their letting me bring a friend on too! But I really, really wish they would have agreed on the whole dog situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment