Tuesday, March 20, 2012

M4. Summer Summer Summer

  Last summer was easily one of the best summers of my life. I went to North Carolina for a month. I stayed with family and it was unbelievably hot. We went swimming almost every day.  My Aunt, four cousins, and myself all drove to Daytona, Florida for a week and stayed on a Mexican resort that was right on the beach.  When we got to the resort, our room wasn’t ready for four hours so we decided to go on the beach for the day. While we were all on the beach, we saw dolphins swimming. They were so close to the shore that surfers were right behind them on their boards. There were so many people at our resort and the beach. I’m terrified of the ocean so I was literally running away from the water as the tide came towards me.  A couple days from being there we found out that there was supposed to be a hurricane only an hour away in Orlando. One morning my Aunt I got up before anyone and decided to go running on the beach.  The waves were huge from the current. As we were running we saw a lifeguard rush into the water, we both stopped and looked into the water and we saw nothing. As we kept standing there another lifeguard rushed into the water and we saw it. There were two foreign boys past the buoys in the water, we couldn’t believe it! We were so scared but we couldn’t look away, we kept seeing their hands waving and their arms rushing above the water. The lifeguards pushed their way through the currents and approached them. They were saved and as they came back to the shallow water they weren’t alarmed. They almost just drowned and they were acting like it never happened, it was amazing. During the time in Florida I also got sun burn which was horrible.  I couldn’t wait to get home; I missed my parents so much. When I got home we were almost moved into our new house. Last summer I think I grew up a lot. I realized that I was about to be a senior in high school and it was time to step into the reality. I have a good idea of what I want to do and I’m glad I had the amazing summer I did. I can’t explain how much I’m looking forward to this upcoming summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment