Tuesday, March 20, 2012

M3. Never Again Will I

I have about a million embarrassing moments that I’ve unfortunately experienced throughout my seventeen years of living. There are many stories that I could tell, about falling, about something I shouldn’t have said, about something I did… there is many things. Anyways, over this past summer I went to Florida with some of my family that lives in North Carolina. I have never been a big fan of water, and one of my biggest fears is the ocean. We stayed at a resort that was directly on the beach and I honestly loved it. My cousins always wanted to go boogie boarding and I would be the one to sit back and watch them all in the water, which was fine. In the resort there were people from all over, there was this boy that I had my eyes on the entire week we were staying there. I was sitting and he walked by and smiled at me on the beach, he was walking into the water so casually… He made it look like it was no big deal and that there was nothing at all to be afraid of. I looked at my Aunt and she said “Devyn, you should go, you don’t have to go in deep but just go so he sees you and maybe he’ll start talking to you”  as she was saying this she had a big smirk because she was almost positive that I wasn’t going to do this, but I did. I have no idea why I thought this would be a good idea but I started walking in and I realized he was going farther and farther but I didn’t care. I was doing really well; I didn’t have a fear in the world. I was about up to my knees which was a huge deal and he saw me, I thought he was waving me over so I started walking faster toward him. As I almost was to him I couldn’t help but notice this rather larger child sitting in a tube, he kept getting in between us and I was getting really mad. I tried running around him really fast but he bumped me and I fell down. I was under the water and I was freaking out because I realized that I was in the ocean under water. I started running for my life back to the beach and while I was freaking out… I couldn’t help but notice that the boy that I thought was interested in me was waving another girl, HIS GIRLFRIEND over to him. They both stared me because I was making a complete idiot of myself. This was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment