Monday, February 13, 2012

L2. Risk 1 Risk 2 Risk 3

My three greatest fears are the ocean, planes, and not living my life to its full potential. These three all come together towards the end. I’m afraid of the ocean mostly because I fell into the ocean at a beach in North Carolina during the winter when I was about three. I don’t remember it at all but Id assume that has a lot to do with it. Even in pools, I try and stay away from the deep end; I’m not the best swimmer either.  Over the summer when I went to Florida with my family, they were all in the ocean boogie boarding and I was the one farthest away from the water on the beach. Plus, when we were at the beach the currents were stronger than usually and two boys got brought far out and were drowning, life guards were trying as hard as they can to push their way through to get them. Next, I’ve been on a plane about six times and I’ve almost cried each time I’ve had to go on it. There’s a lot that can go wrong on a plane and I never want/wanted to take the chance of going on something that could end in such a bad way. Many people say that a plane is the safest way to travel. In my opinion, I’d rather get into a car accident than a plane crash. Finally, I’m afraid of not living my life to its full potential to the reasons above. I worry about things a lot more than a seventeen year old girl should, this is supposed to be the “best moments of your life” and when I’m at the beach I run away from the water.  I realize that a lot of bad things can and do happen but life is all about taking risks and I need to just risk going on a plane and going in the ocean because it’s always going to be an experience that I’ll never forget. Even though I realize this, I don’t think that’ll ever change my thoughts on planes or water. I would go on a plane but I just get really nervous and feel like I’m going to constantly throw up, no big deal. Lastly, for graduation my parents surprised me with a cruise to the Bahamas and I don’t even want to go. For this, you have to take a plane in order to get to the ship, I feel like I’m luring myself into my own death trap. Then, my Grandpa has been wanting to take me to Europe for the past two summers and I’ve always been too scared because it’s about a 13 hour plane ride over the ocean. It’s Europe, I know it’d be an amazing experience but I always let my fears get in the way of some of my decisions. Life is all about making decisions whether their right or wrong, I have to take risks in order to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment