Wednesday, February 1, 2012

K1. A Mystery








October 28, 2003

I had been working in the office since early morning, I couldn’t wait to get home and just relax. My whole week had been so stressful; I couldn’t handle any other obstacles that may have come my way. As I walked in the door, I realized that I still had to continue my research for work; I also had a three page paper to write that was due in just two days. I walked into the kitchen to find no food in the cabinets, fridge, or counter, there wasn’t anything edible expect for a box of four year old cereal. I decided to walk to the market that was just up the street, I didn’t bother locking my door; I didn’t have anything to worry about. When I got to the market, I had a weird feeling, as if I forgot something. Was it my money? No. My keys? No. I could not figure out as to why I was feeling this way.  I proceeded to get my groceries, I got canned goods and a couple TV dinners that could last me the rest of the week. As I walked back home, I couldn’t help but notice that the wind was really picking up.  I walked up to my apartment to find my door wide open with all the lights off, except for one, one that I’ve never used since I moved in. Towards the back of my apartment there is a balcony with two doors that led outwards. The balcony doors were wide open with the curtains flying within the wind. I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know whether I should run be brave and figure out what and who was in my apartment, I was scared! I knew someone was in there, I felt like I was on constant watch. I saw something run past me; I picked up my chair in case it might have been needed. I tried to turn on every light in the house but none would, just that one lamp was turned on.  The wind picked up more; the table was about to fall when I noticed something under my carpet.

May 12, 2005:
I never thought I’d ever black out. I’ll never forget that day though, from what I can remember.  The doctors won’t tell me why I’m in here, in the hospital. I’m only told that I blacked out and some lady, not even from my building reported seeing me.  It’ll haunt me for the rest of my life. I would do anything to know why my doors were open, where that lamp came from, and what was under that carpet. It’s a mystery alright; it’s like a dream that keeps repeating...

No comments:

Post a Comment