Monday, February 13, 2012

L1. A New Memory Each Year

The Super Bowl is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the highest level of professional American football in the United States. I would go to all the high school footballs games because I always thought that winning to them meant way more than it did/does to the NFL players; but that’s not always the case. In the past years, my family and I would go to aunt’s super bowl party and there would be 30-60 people there each year.  It’s something that many people looked forward to; there would be food across the entire house, enough to feed a person for the next ten years of their life. My aunt had moved about three years ago so the party tradition came to an end. Two years ago, my parents decided that we would have our own super bowl party which was a lot of fun. It seems when we all get together that not many people end up fully paying attention to the game. We’re the type of people that the room becomes silence when every commercial comes on and we’ll end up reciting it for the rest of the night until someone tells us to shut up. To my family, the super bowl is seen as a holiday. Our friends and family come together, catch up with one another, and enjoy the best food that we’ll ever taste. This year was way different though. A lot of people we know have had a really bad year, including my family. This year our friends and family just kind of did their own thing, we didn’t have a big crazy get together like in the past years. This year I slept through the entire super bowl somehow and woke up to my Mom screaming because the Giants had won the super bowl. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of the super bowl is about four years ago when we were at a party and this commercial came on. The commercial had a cat running with a remote and the guy was chasing him because he wanted to watch the super bowl. In my opinion it was one of the dumbest commercials that I’ve ever seen but my Dad thought it would be a fantastic idea to act like the guy and chase the cat at the house we were at. Little to say, I walked out of the bathroom to see my Dad fall on his face and it was one of the best moments of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment