Thursday, April 5, 2012

O3. Mama Woelfle

1.       My Mother is by far one of the most important people in my life, alone with my Dad. When I was younger, like twelve – fifteen, I didn’t have a close relationship with my parents, or the rest of my family. I don’t know why, I’ve learned that many other people throughout those years went through the same thing I did. I kept to myself, I think it’s because I was going through high school and things were so much different than they were in middle school, I wasn’t ready to open up to my parents yet. When I was fifteen my Grandma, my Mother’s mom, had passed away and I think that had a huge effect on our relationship with one another. We became really close and starting getting a greater relationship. Also, right before I turned sixteen, my house burnt down as many know and I think that also brought my family and I closer because we learned a lot about one another. Plus, when you go through a tragedy like that, being there for one of another is the only thing you can do in order to get through it. I’m seventeen now and I’m so happy and proud of the relationship that I hold with my parents. I’ll admit, I’m really spoiled and I could never thank my parents enough for everything they’ve done for me. A lot of my friends have always had trouble and fought a lot with their parents, many of their parents are divorced; and it makes me really thankful for what I have. I give so many people respect for dealing with a divorce or constant fighting. No family is perfect, my family and I have had our problems just like the rest but you always get through it. During high school and life you start to realize that your “best friend” from fourth grade isn’t always going to be there for you like they promised, but family always would/should. I’m so thankful for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment