Wednesday, April 4, 2012

O2. Here I Come Medaille!

       After reading the article, I’m really shocked and surprised. I was well aware that there’s a lot of misfortune and poverty still going on in the world but I had no idea that it was to this extent. It’s so unreal that “the probability that a 15-year-old Russian male will die before he is 60 is higher than 40 percent” there is no reason that the world should be this way. I didn’t think college was for everyone, but after I saw the statistics my whole opinion changed. Our economy is really different and it’s not at all easy to get a job today like it was many years ago. Neither of my parents went to college and they’re extremely successful today, the chances of that happening with a high school graduate today, is highly unlikely. “The typical income gap between a college graduate and a high school dropout has never been higher. Today, college grads earn 80 percent more than people who don't go to high school” so in my opinion, I’d recommend every person in high school to at least think about going to college, even if it’s only for two years. I never started to think about college until about, the end of my junior year. I had many career thoughts running through my head but they were constantly changing. About two months ago, I filled out applications to Hilbert, GCC, Medaille, and Daemen, every school that I applied to had a different major which was stupid. I finally came to my senses and decided to attend GCC for two years and major in general studies to figure out what it is I wanted to do. I kept thinking and thinking because that decision didn’t seem right for me, I realized I really wanted to go to school for business. Money has always been an important factor when I think of a career and I like to be somewhat in charge when I do things. I applied to Medaille and the dean called me to congratulate me on my acceptance which was extremely over whelming because I honestly didn’t think I’d be accepted to Medaille College.  Throughout all school I never tried as hard as I could and I’ve always suffered with average or below average grades so this was huge to me that I got accepted. He kept talking and there was more good news, he told me that from my SAT scores that I had earned a $26,000 scholarship to Medaille! I can’t even explain what a great feeling it was and is to know that I earned it from everything that I have done. I’ll be attending Medaille College in the Fall of 2012 for Business Administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment